Grilled Summer Vegetables
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 20 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 2 zucchini , quartered.
- 2 Cup plum tomatoes , cut in half lengthwise.
- 1 large Spanish red onions , thickly sliced.
- 2 heads fennel , thickly sliced.
- 1 red,. yellow or green bell peppers , quartered.
- 4 ears sweet corn , broken in half.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced.
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 pinch black pepper , ground .
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
Preheated grill and a wire grilling basket.
Combine olive oil, garlic,rosemary, and black pepper for the marinade in a microwaveable container and microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes to bring the flavors together. Let cool in the refrigerator until at least room temperature.
Lightly coat the vegetables with the marinade shortly before grilling. Transfer the marinated vegetables to a wire grilling basket. The basket will save the vegetables from the fire and make it much easier to turn them when they are nicely crisped. Leave on indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
These vegetables may be used to accompany other foods, but if you are preparing a vegetarian meal here are a few suggestions:
1. Place the grilled vegetables on a baking pan, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake in a 350 ℉ oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is cooked onto the top of the vegetables. Add appropriate grilled vegetables to your favorite sauce, such as marinara, Alfredo or pesto sauce and serve over pasta.